One picture tells a thousand words. This technical image gallery is not about pretty trucks all customized and decked out to assault the off road trails. This is where the shiny side takes a back seat to the underside of the truck and what's under the hood. These images show failures of engines and components or show details about parts and procedures discussed here at the DTS. Even if there is not something that can be learned from every image I think you will agree that most of these are simply very interesting to look at. Unauthorized copying and reproduction of any image without permission is prohibited.
- Fuel System Failures Over the years we have encountered many fuel system problems ranging from rusty tanks to evolving fuel systems that had many quirks not to mention a variety of owner induced and fuel quality concerns.
- Air Management Failures From EGR systems to turbochargers and after treatment components air management has plagued modern diesels and perplexed technicians. Here we will take a look at some of the things that prevent these diesels from breathing properly and cause a lot of driveability concerns.
- Electrical Problems Lectricity you say? You can't see it but it is there and Power Stroke diesels won't run without it. Harness problems, sensors and modules but work together in harmony to achieve positive results. What you are about to see may be shocking!
- General Mechanical Failures Regardless of how good or unreliable any engine proves to be there will always be some failures. With millions of engines produced some patterns have become evident but there are also the random and odd failures that make things interesting.
- Oil And Water Whoever said that oil and water don't mix has never made mayonnaise or experienced a 6.0L with a failed oil cooler. As the title implies, this collection of images show what happens when something goes wrong with oil and water and diesel engines.