P0404 & P1335

Rate this topic

I pulled in my first 6.4L driveability concern. MIL on and idling rough. Customer complained of stalling. Codes P0404 and P1335 in memory, KOEO gave me a P042F. Pinpoint tests were straight forward, the valve was not moving so out it came. Forgot about the tool being a real PIA! I took some better pics of the tool set up. The valve wasn't too crusty either.

Todays broadcast messages included one that indicated the under cover harness could be chafing. It listed the there codes I had PLUS any or all of 5 or 6 more that was listed. I had none of them so I am keeping my fingers crossed. The valve was open about 1/16"

• 7 months later...

Keith, I am reading thru some old posts making a list of DTC's and there "real world" fixes, to help me out in the future. So this is an old topic, but would you happen to remember what this is....

Quote:
Todays broadcast messages included one that indicated the under cover harness could be chafing.

I actuaqlly never used that dam egr puller yet,hahaha. does anybody actually have good pictures on how to actually assemble this pos easy? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banghead.gif

Keith, I am reading thru some old posts making a list of DTC's and there "real world" fixes, to help me out in the future. So this is an old topic, but would you happen to remember what this is....

Quote:
Todays broadcast messages included one that indicated the under cover harness could be chafing.

Brad, I knew there was a good reason to create a Broadcast Message Archive.

19940 2008 F-SUPER DUTY - 6.4L NO EGR CONTROL DUE TO CIRCUIT ISSUES OF OTHER ENGINE CONTROL SENSORS

SOME 2008 6.4L EQUIPPED F-SERIES TRUCKS WITH SENSOR CIRCUIT DTC'S P0193, P0642, P0643, P0108, P006B, P0107, P0472, P0473, AND P0101 RETRIEVED WITH EGR SYSTEM DTC'S P0404, P042F, OR P1335 MAY HAVE NO EGR VALVE MOVEMENT. THE LOSS OF EGR MOVEMENT FROM THE CIRCUIT FAULTS MAY HAVE INDUCED THE EGR SYSTEM CODES. CORRECT CIRCUIT SYSTEM DTC'S USING THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL EMISSION DIAGNOSIS (PCED) PRIOR TO DIAGNOSING THE EGR SYSTEM DTC'S.

EFFECTIVE DATE: 08/31/2007

Originally Posted By: OHNO60
I actually never used that dam EGR puller yet,hahaha. does anybody actually have good pictures on how to actually assemble this pos easy? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banghead.gif

Here's two, one I posted and the other is Bruce's which is much clearer. They show the tool assembled on the valve but from opposite perspectives.

Posted Image

Posted Image