high pressure fuel pump leak

Rate this topic

Has any one run into replacment high pressure fuel pumps leaking at the fittings. We have one in the shop now, pump was replaced and instantly started leaking upon cranking the engine over. The tech is less than impressed. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/scratchhead.gif

I've had to put a few of these pumps on so far, and (knock on wood) none of mine have leaked yet.

I take it that it is leaking from the high pressure lines? Or can you tell at this point?

Make sure you use new lines, and follow the torque procedure by the letter. Over or under torquing will make a leak, as well as using a used line.

Sorry, dude...

I didn't perform the procedure, but i did advise and help with the tourque calculations. I know the tech used new lines, and had no leaks while cycling the key, I would think the high pressure lines would be the only other source. It is possible that the lines were over or under torqued, i didn't watch the procedure being performed.

HAD A PUMP CRAP OUT LAST WEEK. ENDED UP FILLING THE CRANK CASE AND REPEADIDLY FAILING THE HP TEST WHEN WARM.AND IT WAS REPLACED 6 MONTHS AGO FOR FAILURE TOO. LOTS OF ENGINEERING SHOWING ITS FACE ON THIS 6.4!