Runs rough, fuel in oil.... lotsa codes...

Rate this topic

Well, there was the time, in my little corner of hell, to take a look at one I moved in to the shop at end of day Tuesday...

It fit 07-08-09 pretty good.... and so I changed the oil, per the TSB and set about pulling the valve covers... with DTCs for both sides, I decided to tackle the left valve cover first.... (never had the pleasure yet). Everything looked normal... Then I pulled off the right side cover and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif .... The cross head is missing off the #1 exhaust valves... at least we know where most of the fuel in the oil came from.... A I'm fishing the crosshead out with a magnet... I spot the intake rocker arm sitting at an odd angle.... and the intake crosshead is off of one valve - exposing a badly pummelled tip....

Early to tell... but I think I smell a motor coming my way....

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

You can be a dork when you want.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

The very last thing my schedule needed was something like this.... The SAs asked me what kind of time we would need based on my initial assessment.... I figured a day for diag... a three day space for parts and a day and a half for the repair.... What I got was "Chuck you, Farley...".

Life is good

Life is grand

Life is a lot

Like having sex with your hand