Turbocharger Inlet Pipes

Rate this topic

Happy! Happy! - Joy! Joy! I am sure you will all be happy to know that the flex joints on these pipes leak just like the ones on the 6.0L but they DO require removing the trans mission to replace. I recommend replacing your 10mm sockets again before doing this repair. The cutting torch is not fun to use on this one and if you do strip the bolt heads you will need a torch. Ask me how I know. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

I've already done 4 right side pipes... no left yet. I must agree with you to make sure you have a good 10mm shallow chrome socket around. I've found a few short-cuts that have made the job substantially easier than the shop manual says... One of the guys at work was actually able to do it without removing the transmission, but I think I was faster with removing the transmission than he was without.

• 2 weeks later...

Great.......... just what I didn't need to hear, well I guess those old sockets will be getting replaced in the up coming weeks then.

Thanks for the heads up Keith.

I got one in friday with the right side leaking, any tips would be appreciated. I have the half moon wrench kit ordered.

All I can say is use patience and be sure your 10-MM tools are in like new condition and the socket/wrench is on all the way and square with the fastener. Logistically this is not a bad job but if some thing goes wrong access for special tools is limited.