6.0 INJ. O-RING

Rate this topic

Just want to tell you, that on one of the 6.0s I have been working on[flagged 1&3 w/ no other miss]is done. I replaced said injectors, only to flag #7 after reassembly.

I ordered 5&7 and started over. The lower o-ring on 7 had turned to goo, not enough to allow leakage, but enough to block the fuel ports. I saved the o-ring and would post a picture, but I don't have a digital. It is the first one I have seen like this.

It is just to bad I had to do this twice. Odd that it showed up after replacing the first two.

By the way, this VIN is also flagged special handling. 11-02 build date.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cheers.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I saw an injector come out of a 6L one of the other guys is working on that looked like that but it was more carbon than anything. It looks like the injector pictured on this site somewhere. It made a complete mess of the head which had to come out to replace the sleeve. Better him than me! The copper seal was completely gone and the tips of the injector and glowplug were melted. The truck was knocking and missing on the entire bank #2.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen it is very easy to get the proper injector mounting bolt torque while leaving the injectors slightly loose and it will smoke the lower o ring and copper seal. Make sure you blow out the injector bolt hole to avoid the hydraulic bolt torque syndrome.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hitthefan.gif