400 mile dpf

Rate this topic

I have a 08 550 torqueshift with a reduced power message in the cluster and a mil light p246c dpf restricted.found ssm 20209 and checked for power at pin 30 at pcm and found battery voltage which according to hotline power to that pin on the pto circuit causes no regens and dpf failure quickly . I removed power to the pin after several hours of chasing my tail before finding the ssm but the vehicle still sets the code within a few mins of operation. The system will not do a manual regen kicks out after warm up screen. The wiring looks right comparing colors from the muncie chart i found on the web but for some reason the problem is avoiding me. I want to repair the wiring before installing a dpf and i don't have any good info on the correct wiring install. Anyone ran into this or have any useful advice for me? thanks

electricity was backfeeding through pto hourmeter powering up green yellow wire to pin 30 at pcm causing no regens.Replaced dpf and reset dpf and replaced hourmeter problem fixed.vehicle would not do a manual regen temps got to high in exhaust and ids would kick out of test. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banghead.gif

Good find Kevin! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup.gif You not only diagnosed the repair, it sounds like you also understand how it caused the concern. This truck did not have an hour meter in the cluster? I thought they all did now so the add on meter shouldn't be needed. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shrug.gif

State department truck ,this was a add on hourmeter that was supposed to count only pto hours. Ford covered the dpf anyway, The company that installed the pto said they had put that setup on 80 of those trucks for the dot of various states. Anyways the trucks have since been put out of service till repaired according to the bodybuilder. They called the shop after someone at the state department chewed their asses and threatened the contract on the trucks to tell me thanks. I was able to disconnect the system on another truck and do a manual regen which saved that dpf for same concern with less miles. The other was to far gone and the temps of the egt's got to high to allow the manual regen. We had 9 here that were all bucket trucks but my work stopped after the second one. It did have a hourmeter in the cluster also which was truck runtime. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hitthefan.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whew.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had one similar and worked with a few differnt people on the hotline/roundtable guys on this issue. had to do a little rewiring on the first one before the program came out.