Oh my, this will be expensive!

Rate this topic

So I get this company owned 350 in with a leaking radiator at 38K. CP, with no help offered, since the leak has been there long enough to allow the coolant to be diluted to almost pure water. Ya gotta at least pretend to care about your truck to get AWA...

Put in the radiator and degas "T", start the engine, and find that it starts running rough after a few minutes. Do some testing, and find injectors 2,3,6,and 7 aren't contributing very well. STFT is +12 to +15 on those, while the other four cylinders are -11 to -15. Number 6 even goes into a dead miss at times...

Ok, so we're probably looking at a fuel problem. You don't get four injectors fail at once....

Pull the fuel filter cap off the top of the engine. What is this slimey shit? Some numb-nuts had put antisieze on the threads of the filter cap! And not just once! There are two distinct colors of antisieze and two colors of metal flake floating in the filter bowl! Some of the compound appears to have dissolved in the fuel, since the consistancy of the slime is nothing like antisieze right out of the bottle....

Oh my... The owner of the company will be coming down this morning to inspect...