Right side y-pipe

Rate this topic

Anyone else having to replace right side up pipes on these things? I've had three so far that were leaking at the flex joint, and a couple that needed replacement after messing up the threads in the EGRTA sensor bung...

Fun little job....

I finally broke down and bought a remote starter switch. The lack of access to the crank pulley, along with 8 torque convertor nuts made the remote starter switch much more cost effective...

Is this possible to do without pulling the transmission? I couldn't get the downpipe out of my way to get the 'y' pipe out without pulling the trans. WS says pull trans, pays 6.2 and the trans r&i should only take 2 - 2.5 so you've got another 3.5 - 4.0 to swap the pipe at that point.

I finally broke down and bought a remote starter switch. The lack of access to the crank pulley, along with 8 torque convertor nuts made the remote starter switch much more cost effective...

Two things about this.

"SHIT! Just missed that one!"

and use the same hand to push the button on the starter switch as you are using to undo the nuts. You dont wanna bump that button by accident with your fingers in the bellhousing - it sucks, I know.

I tap the switch against the radius arm instead of trying to bump it with my thumb... Much shorter bump that way...

I place my thumb on the starter button and tap it on my skull. For some silly reason that tends to allow me to make small movements in the crank with the starter and I very rarely over run the torque converter nuts. Similar affect I suppose.

I do some really weird things sometimes. Posted Image

I tap the switch against the radius arm instead of trying to bump it with my thumb... Much shorter bump that way...

That's the way I've been doing it, too, and I hang the button over the radius arm while i am not using it to avoid losing any fingers or any of that crap.

Originally Posted By: GregH

I place my thumb on the starter button and tap it on my skull. For some silly reason that tends to allow me to make small movements in the crank with the starter and I very rarely over run the torque converter nuts. Similar affect I suppose.

I do some really weird things sometimes. Posted Image

Awesome. Now that is a professional image! Posted Image