surges in gear

Rate this topic

I have a 2002 f350 w/7.3l, it surges as soon as you put it in drive or reverse. No codes. Monitered pids, found rpm to drop to 350 from 550, icp to rise from 450 psi to 1050psi, ipr jump from 10% to 20% and app stayed steady at 9.5%.Sound oil leaking into icp connector, replaced sensor and connector, no change. Posted Image suspect possible ipr, replaced, no change. Posted Image Has anyone run into this?

I've seen a few TR sensors on 7.3 trucks cause a surge. Check your Trans Range pids and make sure they match up with actual lever position.

Now that you mention it, yes I have had a couple 7.3L trucks in with failed TR sensors too awhile back. The ones I've had were no-starts though, due to the PCM not "seeing" P or N.

Low transmission fluid not allowing the torque convertor to completely disengauge when put into gear. that would explain why the rpms dropped, and the truck wanted to lurch. topped off fluid, surge/lurch stopped.wtf