No Manual Regen?

Rate this topic

Thought I heard about this somewhere recently... IDS will not do a manual regen. I am at the current level with the software. I just replaced an EGR valve and the DPF status is overloaded. I really don't want to release the truck this way so I was hoping to put the truck outside and do a manual regen whilst I did other things.

I can select the service procedure, I get the conditions screen then the information screen advising that regen can only occur with loaded, overloaded and clogged DPF's. No problem! My screen says overloaded! I click on the tic and boomp! Back to the do you want to retry warning.

Posted Image

IIRC when I tried, it would hold the RPM up for three minutes while watching DPF pressure. If pressure was low, it would boot you out. If pressure was high, showing DPF restriction, it would do the regen for about 35 minutes. I tricked it with a hand held pump hooked to the DPF pressure sensor to activate the regen. I believe I used 12 psi.....

Posted Image

LOL Bruce.

Yeah, that is the only steps i've been able to get to, it runs the 3-5 minute warmup cycle, then punts me out.

I'm going to have to try that out with the air pressure - I think I was told 7-8 PSI will cause a regen under the regular driving conditions, from a hotline engineer. I will have to double check.