making 6.0 more relible

Rate this topic

mtuttle43

Mine is old enough that it doesn't have any Frenchinese on it (well, I am from the Republic of Alberta).

In addition, in order to perform the twice yearly inspections on ambulances, one must have a certificate from the local health authority. On top of that, you can also qualify for a certificate from Alberta Infrastructure... this will come with one or more of several possible endorsements... these might include Out of Province vehicle inspection, Commercial vehicle inspection (subject to trade qualification restrictions) and written of vehicle inspection.

Sadly, Alberta is lacking in any direct anti-tampering legislation... and the CMVSS is a quagmire that mere mortals will never understand (all of my best efforts have left me more confused than educated).

What is "acceptable" can become a cloudy issue when we mix "morally acceptable" with "legally acceptable".

Alberta has more of these issues than you can shake a stick at.

I didn't mean to start a whole emissins debate just wanted to know what everbody was doing on the side or at work to make the 6.0 more reliable.

on the emissions debate they choked down these engine to were they get poor milage so if they weren't so choked down and got better fuel milage wouldn't there be a trade off. Less fuel burned vs. more fuel burned to get the same power

The big misconception is that good fuel mileage = less pollution.

Sadly, it is those conditions that offer the best fuel consumption numbers that increase the problematic tailpipe emissions.

Increasing combustion chamber temps will (when applied to a modern engine) improve the brake specific fuel consumption numbers. Less fuelk consumed for the same or more work performed. Sadly, increasing combustion temps leads to the formation of oxides of nitrogen...

This information is freely available on the internet and is (usually) quite a topic of discussion in training classes. One needs to be careful when assigning meanings to terms like "reliability".

Is that the return-type fuel system that uses the plugs on the back of the head as returns and allows full flow through the head?

Yea, you take the plugs out of the back of the head and install fuel lines that are feed through a aeromotive pressure regulator. I rec it because it's totally helped out in saving fuel injectors by keeping sufficient flow/pressure.