6.7L bump to 800ftlbs torque

Rate this topic

I dont see how that is the same thing at all. I am sure we all know why aftermarket programmers can void warranties. You can drive your brand new truck into the dealership and drive out with 400 HP because we thoroughly tested the cal and know that it wont adversely effect emissions or engine longevity. The same cant be said for Joe Blow and his "skills".

Using your logic we would never be able to release a new cal or improve an existing powertrain.

I don't see how that is the same thing at all. I am sure we all know why aftermarket programmers can void warranties. You can drive your brand new truck into the dealership and drive out with 400 HP because we thoroughly tested the cal and know that it wont adversely effect emissions or engine longevity. The same cant be said for Joe Blow and his "skills".

Using your logic we would never be able to release a new cal or improve an existing powertrain.

While WE understand the reality of the situation, most of the truck buying public (A) will never get the explanation/information being discussed here, and (B) they will not see the difference between Ford's power upgrade and say Gale Bank's power upgrade.

This is the paradox we have to deal with at the dealerships. I do credit diesel owners in being more informed as a group therefore the explanation (if someone were to make it publicly) might prevent the IDS from being labeled "Ford's Tuner." Perhaps this will never become an issue.

Posted Image