Plugged DPF

Rate this topic

I know this has been discussed before, and I have reviewed some of the older threads, but I am just wondering if anyone has some new info on these 6.4 trucks that can't go into regen because they are on a job site that limits their speed. I see a operator's manual regen is available on the 2011 6.7, but that does me no good for these trucks. I have also seen the manual regen tool that is available, but you know noone wants to spend money to have their problem fixed. Any info is appreciated.

SEIC (Stationary Elevated Idle Control) may be worth looking into for these customers. It WILL NOT allow the truck to run through regen, but can help reduce the amount of soot accumulation both in the DPF and in the engine itself and can be acheived by following a few simple instructions in the bulletins located on www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas

• 1 month later...

There is a new video on this in the service tips tab in the 2008 wsm. The video talks about a manual regen tool that Ford promotes for trucks that can't do a drive cycle. But if your customer does not want to spend the money what can you do.

http://www.eepod.com/

It sell for around $575

We looked into getting one of these but they are built to order and it will be spring before they will be ready. I talk regularly with a tech working for Cat in Rankin Inlet (way up north) They get all kinds of crap up there to work on. They have a Freightliner school bus up there with a Cummins in it. There is a manual regen button on the dash, but it is so cold up there that even in manual regen it won't get hot enough to clean the filter. So they drive it till it won't go anymore, and then replace the filter for $3000.00 plus shipping. We shipped a torqueshift up there once, it was $1800.00 one way. Good thing the government has lots of money.