p2463, p246c, MAF?

Rate this topic

I have a 2008 that came in and the driver stated check engine lamp on, and a strong smell of antifreeze. I found these 2 codes in history, no mil and a regen completed 40 miles ago and the dpf state is clean. I test drove and found all of the data seems normal but the MAF appears very high. at 85 g/s at idle and maxes out to 655 g/s under even light load. There is no smoke, and as for the coolant smell, it is full, and pressure

tested good. Had rad and hoses 20k ago so I am not sure there really was a coolant smell. I checked intake and exhaust for any leaks, and the ecm has the latest program. i went through the ssm and when I drive, the code does not reset, mgp vgt and ebp all appear correct, and dpf pressure appears correct. I don't have another one at the moment to compare to but I did put the maf off another truck that is disassembled in with the same results. Can anybody tell me what the ballpark maf #s should be? I have found a lot of MAF replacements for these 2 codes. Don't want to DPF it and see it back.

Well here is how it went down. Right after posting, I went back with ids and selected module programming. I verified the vin, and it instructed me to install a new module. What?? So I selected ok, and it programmed my ecm. Now my maf is correct at about 30 g/s at idle,

and up to 300 ish under load, depending on egr and load. DPF showed clean and I drove 12 miles to my turnaround and ran full load up a hill to 75 and dpf hit 4.8 psi max, great. the dpf pid showed part loaded for about .5 miles and then went back to clean and remained clean on my 25 mile drive and under full load was just under 5 psi. It appears everything is ok. For some reason the ecm MAF calculation was waaaay off and I believe injector timing, dpf calculations and egr operation were way off as well. I'm gonna ship it and keep my fingers crossed. By the way, it is a halliburton truck and has never had any power up software, although they run a connector to the dlc to monitor speed and acceleration for their black box.

Did you hit PMI by mistake to get the install new module message? Been there, done that. Just because it's a fleet truck doesn't mean it didn't get tuned.

I have seen fleet trucks come in for a reprogram and the driver flips out because we erased his tune and now the tuner is useless. Posted Image

It is possible. I cheked the calibration and it was the latest. I put the latest flash in 20K miles, and 4 months ago with a rad leak repair. This fleet uses black boxes and has them tied into the DLC. They have 275 trucks in our town, and they have a "do not abuse your truck or find a new job" policy. Still could have happened though. I noticed no difference in power before and after. I guess we will see if anything odd happens again. Have another 08 of theirs that needs an egr cooler, another 06 needs an inector, and another 06 with 230 k miles smoking blue smoke badly and huffing out the crankcase. Need to keep them happy, they fix almost everything.