Ford's Trying to Do It Right.....

Rate this topic

I have to give Ford credit where credit is due. I contacted their Media division, and they are accommodating my requests like I never thought I would see. They invited me to a 6.4 media event in Detroit next week, which I can't attend because of a conflict, but I feel our schedules will coordinate very soon. When I asked for a blown 6.4 engine, they responded almost immediately they could supply me with a core at no cost. I almost fell over! I just returned from Detroit with a complete top-to-bottom, full trim 6.4 engine on a skid missing nothing except the starter and generator. I have no knowledge of what is or isn't wrong with this engine, but in my position, and at that price, I'm not asking questions. I plan to disassemble this and make a cutaway of it like I have done several others. (What a shame, right?) I have not felt as welcome from an OE for a long time and have to applaud them for going out of their way for me. Perhaps they realize they have some lost ground to make up for and are doing their best to make the release of this engine as smooth as possible for everybody involved. I plan to support the DTS forum and all who ask here with as much info as I can on this engine. It's unfortunate that I have to be out of town all next week and weekend or I'd be ripping that baby down right now.

Have a great weekend!