Questions about future repairs

Rate this topic

What are we suppost to do on commercial trucks when the bed "accessory" hangs over the cab, unremovable from the bed and we have to lift the cab? I was working on a 550 that needed a EGR cooler ( customer wanted head gaskets ) had a stakebed in the rear and a extension that hung over the cab all the way extending to the front of the hood. Once peice front of truck to back welded together. Impossible to remove the cap. longest length Ford offers also.

Yeah, I've personally "made the rounds" to all the honkees up in the sales department, and basically they are all very well aware that with any 6.4-equipped truck they sell, they *NEED* to make sure that the customer knows that cab-removal is going to be a somewhat "common" procedure and that any kind of acessory racks they install that hang over the cab, must be easily removable and somewhat clean when dropped off for service. Otherwise, they will end up paying the extra labor time required to remove whatever it is that's in the way of the cab.

Dave

Good idea going to the sales dept, hope everyone does...

As for the ones that cannot be removed, it looks like the Econoline bracket will be used to remove the engine from the chassis(looks much easier than an Econoline though).. There will be a procedure for those as well.. I'm not sure how it will be policed, but I wouldnt want to claim the body on R&R if I was able to take the body off..JMO..

I asked my manager and he looks at the truck, looks at me, looks back at the truck, looks at me again...then scratches his head...then says...well this is all we can do....to customer: "Sir, you need to have the rear part of the truck removed so we can service the truck for you"....lol...another thing is we are building a new truck center for 250's - 550's (no 6-750's thank god ) more 4 post then 2 post, though which i cant fathom if we have a recall for these 6.4's that involve removing the body. I guess will ask when I go to the class bout overhanging rear chasis access.. But every time I ask something like that in class I get the "hmmm i dont really know the answer" like when i was in hybrid class.