New Injector Recall!!!

Rate this topic

Oh yeah, and don't forget the left hand thread on the fan clutch.

Rule of thumb for fan clutches - I think it qualifies as a "doh!"

If the water pump pulley has groves, then it's a left hand thread on the clutch. If the water pump pulley is smooth, then the thread is right handed. Works for all engines with the fan on the water pump....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Quote:
SSM 0168 - 2008 SUPERDUTY 6.4L VALVE COVER REMOVAL PROCEDURE UPDATE - UPDATE REDUCES DAMAGE TO PLASTIC HEATER TUBE.
THE 2008 SUPERDUTY 6.4L RH VALVE COVER PROCEDURE HAS BEEN UPDATED TO REDUCE DAMAGED TO THE PLASTIC HEATER LINE DURING VALVE COVER REMOVAL. THE UPDATED PROCEDURE IS FOUND IN SECTION 303-01C 6.4L BASIC ENGINE OF THE WORK SHOP MANUAL.

• 4 weeks later...
Quote:
Article #09-C-2007
6.4L Plastic Heater Supply Tube Damage - 2008 F-Super Duty
A review of warranty claims indicates that some 6.4L plastic heater supply tubes are being damaged and replaced during the repair. Please reference the updated RH valve cover procedure in section 303-01C of the workshop manual (WSM).

Category: Powertrain – Diesel Engine
Do: Follow the updated 6.4L RH valve cover procedure in WSM section 303-01C.
Don't: Bend or flex the plastic heater supply tube or damage to the tube may occur.

Is this what we have to look forward to? You have to be super careful with this tube that has always been and should be now metal! Any kind of miles on her and this thing snaps when you look at it cross eyed. Looks like the next 200,000 miles or so of warranty are going to be under a microscope, fun.

Just wait till you get to the one on the left hand side that connects the front cover to the degas bottle. It has a piece of shit little hook on it to hook the wiring harness into /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/icon_crazy.gif. Trust me, don't event try to put the harness back into it if you get the harness out without breaking it. Use a zip tie around the pipe. If you take a good look at these plastic pieces of shit, you will see that they are a two piece molded together piece of fucking garbage. I can't believe they build shit like this. They build this shit for the ideal world. And the ideal world does not fucking exist out in the real world /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banghead.gif. Man engineers really burn my ass /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/flamethrower.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...