some pics of my first 6.4l job

Rate this topic

Hey all. Had my first 6.4l major repair this week. The truck had 551 km on it. The customer had it 2 days. It was a no start due to only being able to pump up too 2000 psi. I had the cab off 2 times. I first replaced high pressure pump as per pinpoint tests ME . Then pulled the cab off again when that did not work to pull fuel return plugs out of the back of the heads. Had to grind down 2 6mm allen keys, did the first one too much. Turned out to be # 7 injector leaking to return very badly. Had to mess with 3 cab cage nuts even being really careful after reading how bad they were. Here are some pictures. Sorry I did not have the camera with me when I was doing anything internal.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That style lift is perfect for cab offs. I have the same one and have lifted every configuration quickly and easily and safely I might add. Much easier than asymetric 9000 pounders and the big 15000 to 18000 pounders make it hard for small standard cabs.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That style lift is perfect for cab offs. I have the same one and have lifted every configuration quickly and easily and safely I might add. Much easier than asymetric 9000 pounders and the big 15000 to 18000 pounders make it hard for small standard cabs.

Flmmaz in our new truck shop we have the 18k 2 posts.... those things are a pain when lifting cabs. The arms on them are huge.. I lifted a escape on one of mine /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif i'll get a picture next time i do it to show how close the arms are.

• 2 weeks later...