Side hustles

Rate this topic

I teach 9 months out of the year and work at a local diesel shop during the summer. I love it because I make some extra cash and it keeps me in the game. This is super beneficial for teaching. Most of my colleagues are stuck in what ever year they stopped wrenching.

The big advantage is this shop works on all of the big 3. The worst of them being the Duramax. I am convinced that Chevy absolutely hates mechanics. Right now the shop looks like a Dodge dealership. The redesigned Cummins with hydraulic lifters are coming apart at an alarming rate!!! @Keith Browning are you seeing a lot of lifter failures on the 6.7's?

I agree on Duramax. The placing of things just over the top of something else by a few mms where it seems to not make any engineering sense raises my BP. The only thing they have going for them is the no struggle fender liners they've used for a dozen or so years. I hope Ford figures out to put the liner on top of fender edge instead of behind it.